Living Well Without Salt

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Sitter's disease is real. It brings about many health problems. It's caused by sitting at a desk too many hours of a day, at your computer or watching TV. I spend a ton of time with Megaheart at my desk and now use this desk adapter and love it. VARIDESK Single It seems expensive but it can prevent peripheral neuropathy or ease the pain of it while standing at your desk. Working on projects at your desk while standing can also help your lower back and burn through a surprising number of calories. For more about sitters disease, visit WebMD. Also at Mayo Clinic.

Edit, Later: I have since purchased the Varidesk mentioned above. I like working while standing up. I discovered I needed a soft floor pad so got one at a local store. The Varidesk is well built, but there are others and you could even build your own wooden version to fit your desk. As to the Varidesk, like a lot of products, it has a few problems. If you are interested in getting one of these or any of the others I've checked out, just write me. Happy to pass along my experience with this form of "healthcare."

No comments: